Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Full Disclosure: The Rest of The Master Bedroom

Before I show you incredibly embarrassing pictures of the other 90% of our bedroom that didn't appear in Tuesday's post about my trunk.... I found a nightstand to go on the other side of my bed for $12 at The Salvation Army yesterday!
As much as I love the little $25 pedestal table I got from Wal-Mart, it just didn't fit.  It was too small and looked dinky when compared to the trunk on the other side of the bed. 

This baby is the perfect size.  Since I'm trying to stay away from matchy-matchy I think I'm going to make a skirt for it instead of paint it.  I actually have that night stand turned sideways and there are drawers on the right, but if I cover it with fabric it won't matter.  All that matters is that it's the right size.

So...just to clarify...one side of my bed looks like this...
...and the other looks like this.
The rest of our master bedroom is pretty much just as awful.  That nice picture of one side of my bed is a pretty inaccurate representation of the current state of our room. 

In the spirit full disclosure...here is the rest of the master bedroom.

These are my rejected side tables that I still haven't moved out of the room.

I still have a few patches of wall to paint.
This is a completely random assortment of stuff that has found a home in a corner of our bedroom. 

Last but not least, our office area is a disaster.  Yes, there are two cups that haven't been put away on the desk.

So there you have it.  One tiny, little section of my master bedroom is finished and the rest of it is a mess. 

Just tryin' to keep it real!

Have a fantastic Wednesday!

3 comments:

My Peace Of Food said...

Ha ha...we have the same baby monitor.

I'm currently obsessed with turning our house in the middle of the Chicago suburbs into a beach house...so that we'll have our own cozy little corner of warmth and comfort during winter. The master is actually pretty close to being complete, but I need a killer bedspread — something the dog, cat and baby won't ruin! I have an idea if I ever learn to sew, but until then our beige Ralph Lauren is hideous. I feel your pain!

Jeanna said...

Thank you for posting this. I sometimes look around and don't want to take pics of new decorating ideas/projects because the whole house is not "perfect" yet. So thank you again for being honest and showing that beautiful pictures do not always show reality.

Unknown said...

I had to giggle at this only because I'm the EXACT same way!
Everything gets thrown around in my house depending on where I'm taking pictures... never put away or completely cleaned just moved to a new area.

And I did look at the pictures of you room of the trunk and was like WOW how does someone get such a finished gorgeous room! Not that the "reality" isn't just as beautiful just nice to know others have homes that are very "lived in" too.

Pamela @ pbjstories.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...