I originally saw this little project at Kara Passlay Designs. She used duct tape on a dresser to give it a little more character. Her dresser was for a movie set, and I'm betting that it didn't matter that she used duct tape because no one would ever see it up close.
I decided to find something other than duct tape to get the same affect on my dresser. I originally wanted to use hardware. I thought it would be easy to find. I was wrong. I'm going to keep looking, but for right now I'm pleased with what I found.
I made the stencil for the shape I wanted out of painter's tape so it wouldn't slide around while I was cutting.
I used an xacto knife to cut out the shape. I left room on the corners to fold over the edges of the dresser drawer.
I sprayed the back of the metal with spray adhesive, aligned it with the corner, folded down the tabs and smoothed everything out.
The dresser definitely has more character and my "hardware" adds some interest....now if I could just finish the rest of the room.
Back to Blue Cricket Show and Tell
Back to Someday Crafts