Sunday, March 6, 2011

Re-Coloring My Living Room

My living room is in serious need of some freshening up. I'm just so over this color scheme.  It is always autumn in my house.  With spring right around the corner, I figured this is the perfect time to switch things up.

The picture above is still mostly what our living room looks like now.  A few things have already changed though. We got rid of the ladder bookcase as soon as my son was able to pull up on things.  Now there is just a lamp there lighting up an empty corner.  We also sold the table lamp on Craigslist.

I have a mostly neutral space with olive green and rust accents.  We won't be getting new furniture, so I'll be relying on accessories to change the feel of this room.

Here's what I came up with:


I already have the fabric in 3 & 5 to make throw pillows.  I also already have the fabric to make new drapes like the ones in picture #1.  2,4, 8, & 7 are pieces that I'm looking to find cheaper versions of. #6 is the leather Jappling chair from Ikea and it's only sold in stores.  We have the money all saved up for that chair, now I just have to make a trip to Charlotte to go get it.  Oh, Ikea!  Why couldn't you have built your massive store closer to Raleigh?

1.  Pottery Barn Peyton Drape
2.  Ballard Designs Hayden Table Lamp
3.  Fabric
4.  Pottery Barn Holman Shelf
5.  Fabric
6.  Ikea Jappling Leather Chair
7.  Ballard Designs Provence Market Basket
8.  Crate and Barrel Outlet Throw

3 comments:

Leah said...

Love what you've got going here!

Luvs!

the cape on the corner said...

i am so going for this look! except i have a tan wall, and bring in the browns and blues. can't wait to see how you do this-and those fabrics are so fab!!!

Beth said...

Just found your blog thru copycatchic.com, and I'm really enjoying it! These ribba shelves from ikea are like your #4: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40126069

They aren't quite as deep, but the cost difference is dramatic!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...