Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Hooray for the Jappling!


Our new Ikea Jappling leather chair was the most expensive purchase I made in my little living room re-do. We really needed something to go in a corner that used to have a ladder bookcase.  When our son started pulling up it was obvious that we needed to get rid of it.  We also decided it would be nice to have another seat for guests.


I first saw the chair in December when we made a trip to Ikea, but it wouldn't fit in our car so we had to put it off for a while (4 months!).  We put the $200 aside and waited for a good time to go get it.  I've seen other little leather chairs at places like HomeGoods for the same price, but none of them was as comfortable as the Jappling.  To keep this post short, I'll just say that I'm really enjoying it and I highly recommend it.

One more thing...the chair is no longer available online so I couldn't find much info about it, and I really wanted the measurements.  I kind of took a chance that it would fit where I wanted it to go, and I was so relieved that it did.  Just in case anyone else is interested here are the details:  29"x29" and 31" high.

7 comments:

Kim said...

I love that chair. Too bad it appears to be discontinued. It's so cute.

Ashley said...

Hi there! I just bought the Jappling chair today and I have to just ask you how you still like it. Do you still like it? I'm nervous since it is slightly smaller than other club chairs. Any advice or wisdom since you have had the chair since April?

Thanks!
Ashley

P.S. I found your blog searching for this chair online. I LOVE your blog. It's amazing!

Lauren: In transit said...

I as well found your blog when searching for the jappling chair. I found a nice one on craigs list and I want to pick it up. I worried it won't fit in my camry.

Do think I could transport it in a sedan?

Aaron said...

It's pretty small, but I don't think it's small enough to fit in a Camry.

Anonymous said...

Fits in the back of a Jeep Cherokee. Just bought one today... listed as "New"

Anonymous said...

I bought one at the IKEA in Atlanta a couple months ago. I was surprised (and excited) to see them in the store because they don't appear in the 2011 or 2012 catalogs or online. They do appear in the in-store computer system though. The price I paid was $179+tax. I love it. Now I really want the matching couch. Unfortunately I didn't see any of those.

Anonymous said...

I work for the company that makes the jappling chair and it has not been discontinued but it has been going through different cover material changes and it will be mass produced again real soon....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...