Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Here's the Plan

Happy Tuesday everybody!  It only took four days, but I'm finally done painting my bedroom.  Painting was definitely the biggest and most time consuming job I had to get done in that room, and now that it's finished I figured I'd share a few other small projects I need to complete.

My original vision for my bedroom was a lot more fancy (is that the right word?) than I'd like it to be now.  I didn't get very far in making my original vision reality, but I still have a few things I need to change in order to give it the casual feel I'd like it to have.

As I mentioned in a previous post, one of the first things I needed to do was switch out my night stands for ones that weren't so matchy-matchy.  My $25 pedestal table should be arriving some time today.  It will be on the left side of the bed and that old blue trunk (which was a gift) will get a new coat of paint and live on the right side.  I'm also going to have to put some caster wheels on it so that it will be the same height as my new table. 

That lampshade has a sheen to it that you can't really see in the picture, but I'm going to cover it with something like burlap to tone it down a bit. BTW I found that lamp for $30 at Marshall's a while ago so I got two of 'em!

I also need new curtains.  I only have two panels of the curtains that I have now, and they're silk dupioni.  I'm hoping I can sell those on Craigslist and get enough to make four new panels out of a less formal fabric....hmmm...drop cloth curtains?

So there you have it.  Those are the projects I'm going to be working on for a little while.

Have a great day, y'all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am a new follower. Very talented young lady!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...