Monday, November 14, 2011

Laundry Room



This little laundry room make-over is a bit more impressive in person.  Maybe if I give a little reminder of what it looked like before that will help it not seem so "meh".


It's amazing how a little paint and a few accessories have completely changed how I feel about my laundry room.  I used to get in and out of there as quickly as possible, but a little time and money have made it a much more pleasant place to be.  I actually kept the door open yesterday instead of trying to hide it.

I ended up spending $80 to transform my laundry room.  Cleaning it out was free...and I should have done it a long time ago.  The laundry sorter was $60, but I paid $48 (if you missed it, here's the post that explains why I went with that sorter over building something myself) and the baskets were $32.  I found them at Home Goods and they fit on that shelf perfectly.  If I ever come across more of them, I'll have to snag them up.  I think I could fit about 4 more of them up there.  They're holding all sorts of odds and ends and the little one on the sorter is holding stain removers and dryer sheets.

I already had some of the supplies and accessories that I used.  I already had the paint.  It's the same shade that's in our powder room, I just added a bunch of white to it to lighten it up.  I also already had the frames and the fabric that I put in them.  I bought the fabric from a remnant bin months ago, I love it, and I'm glad I found a use for it.  I made one of the frames into a chalkboard by just painting chalkboard paint onto the glass that came with it and one of them is a pin board.  I just cut a cork tile to fit in the frame under the fabric.

There are still a few things that I'd like to add, but I'll just have to do it little by little as I get the money.  Eventually I'd like to put new shelves in and add some kind of wall mounted drying rack.  I also need two little trash cans, one for trash and one for cloth diapers (I like these).  I may also add a new light fixture.  There's a little chandelier at Ikea that would be pretty cute.

I'll update as I make changes or additions...well maybe not if I just get new trashcans, that would be pretty boring, but if I find and use any cheap organization products or projects, I'll let y'all know!

Hope you're having a great Monday!

p.s. The vaccuum and the hot water heater are still hanging out, fully exposed in the corner next to the dryer.  Oh, well.


11 comments:

Kim @ keller-creative said...

Looks great. It's so fresh and clean looking!

Unknown said...

It looks incredible. Love seeing laundry spaces come together considering they tend to be the most boring room in the house. Kudos!

Comeca Jones said...

Great inspiration for me thanks for sharing!

Amanda said...

Love it!!!! So cute.. who would have thought a laundry room could be cute?

Now to wait for a laundry room bigger than a closet.

Shannon said...

Looks great! We just did some work in our laundry room (laundry hallway) and its amazing what a little paint and cleanup can do!

InteriorGroupie said...

I'm jealous! Looks nice and clean and fresh - just like a laundry room should!

Aaron said...

Thanks! We'll see if I can actually keep it looking so fresh and so clean!

Tamsyn said...

I love how it's come together!!

Cindy @ Cinsarah said...

Looks so clean and fresh! I love the paint color!

Unknown said...

Wow. That's fantastic. My laundry room is the one part of the basement that the original owners left totally unfinished...I dream of having something that looks like yours! Great job! Would you share it here?

http://oneartmama.blogspot.com/2011/11/shine-on-fridays-2-and-some-fabulous.html

Onegirlruns said...

hi there! i've visited your site a few times. love love love the laundry room. the colour on the walls is so soft and warm. love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...