Nope, that's not the same picture from yesterday's post. I made a little tweak to one of my pillows and even though it's not a huge change, I think it's worth sharing as I can now officially place a check mark next to "freshen up pillows" on my master bedroom to do list.
I came across this handy dandy bed pillow arrangements illustration done by Marissa at Roost a couple of days ago and it gave me just the inspiration I needed.
Since my standard sham was 20x26 and the bolster pillow is 16x26 it was just a simple matter of a little cutting and hemming. I cut the extra 2 inches of fabric flap off of the sides of the pillow and flipped it inside out and made another seam on both sides so the raw edges wouldn't show when I turned it right side out. Then I just took two inches off of the top and bottom with the sewing machine. So easy and I think the slightly smaller bolster with clean edges instead of fabric flaps is a much cleaner look.
Thanks for the inspiration, Marissa!