Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Tentative Playroom Plans



Here are the tentative plans for my boys' playroom.  Because we are having our second boy I didn't really see the need to switch up all of the decor completely, so I'm using the same color scheme that's in the nursery and I'll be re-using some old pieces.  Some of the items above will also be DIY projects.  For instance, the two pillows are available to buy, but I will probably be making my own.  Same goes for the prints I'll be using in the room.  The toddler bed and the children's table are also just ideas of what I'd like to have.  The toddler bed is from Ikea and it's an odd size, so you have to buy one of their mattresses, plus the crib skirt I already own won't work on it.  The children's table and chairs set is over $120 (that seems to be pretty standard as far as children's furniture goes), so I'd like to be able to find something on Craigslist.

Sources:
1.  K-Mart Pillow
2.  PB Teen Pillow
3.  Bed skirt No longer Available
4.  Ritva Curtains w/ Brown Chevron at the bottom
5.  Ikea Gulliver Toddler Bed
6.  Amazon Gift Mark Children's Table
7.  Ikea Expedit Unit
8.  Target Baskets
9.  Etsy Print
10.  Garnet Hill Crib Sheet

Now all I have to do to get started is clear the room out, paint it, and make a 3 hour trip to Ikea.  Less than three months left!

2 comments:

Amelia said...

I'm a new follower - just found your blog via Pinterest! I love the colour scheme for this room, I think it helps that blue is my favourite colour ;)

Colleen said...

I love your choices, Aaron. I think it's going to look great! I've nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award, check out my April 18th post for info about it. Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...