A couple weeks ago I started doing a bit of organizing and cleaning in our little office area. This desk was usually so trashed because it was a space that I just had no idea how to fix. Then I got my DIY pinboards up and I got a little motivation to get the area looking nice and functional.
Here's a before that's actually a bit of a cheat. I had already decluttered and dusted before I realized that I should take some pictures of how horrible our desk was...ya know for a really dramatic change. Instead the picture below just shows empty pinboards and a junky desk organizer.
And here's a wider shot of our desk now:
Good, not great. I still have mixed feelings about the black desk organizer. Not sure if I should paint it or just get rid of it altogether. Thoughts?
It's coming together little by little. Here's a quick little list of the stuff I've bought so far to get my desk in shape:
- Lamp: $12 at Wal-Mart (Can you believe it?)
- Glass sugar bowl to hold thumbtacks: $3 at Target
- Black Storage boxes for upper shelf: 2 for $14 at Wal-Mart
- White magazine holder: $7 on Amazon
- Little wooden "R": $1 at Michael's