Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Pins That I've Tried and I Love


floor cushion tutorial via Living With Punks
For three months Pinterest has been my constant companion in the wee hours of the morning while I nurse my Little One.  I've discovered some pretty great recipes and tips/tricks in all my scrolling.

The following 8 are currently my favorite pins.

1.  DIY Floor Cushion (mine is in the first picture):  I got the itch to make something on Labor Day and had about a yard of fabric on hand.  This project was perfect.  The cushion looks great and it was fairly easy.  I'm pretty proud of myself for getting the piping right!  Pin / Link

2.  "Man-Pleasing Chicken":  Maple syrup, Dijon mustard on chicken thighs....so good.  Pin / Link

3.  Homemade Cheese Crackers:  I had some cheese that I needed to use up before it went bad.  This recipe is so simple and so good.  Little Man and I ate them all in one day!  Pin / Link

4.  NY Times Best Chocolate Chip Cookies:  This has become my go-to cookie recipe.  Crispy on the edges and soft in the middle.  Pin / Link 

5.  Brownie In a Mug:  Really great when you need a quick chocolate fix.  I have eaten way too many of these.  Pin / Link

6.  DIY Microdermabrasion:  I can't really say whether or not this DIY version is comparable to the real thing, but it's a good exfoliator and my skin looked smoother afterwards.  Pin / Link

7.  Homemade cleaners:  All purpose cleaners, natural disinfectants...this link has it all.  Pin / Link

8.  3 Day Potty Training:  I used this post as a guide to potty train Little Man and just like the title says, 3 days is all we needed.  Pin / Link

If  you have any favorite pins to pass on, just leave them in the comments!

4 comments:

Mindy said...

Ah Pinterest, whatever would we do without you. :)
I love the floor cushion. I'll have to go check out the tutorial. And that chicken sounds delicious.
Great idea for a post. I've been making notes in the comment section of my recipe pins when I make them. That way I can remember that I made them, plus, if someone else happens upon one, they have some real life notes to go with the photo.

Aaron said...

Mindy,

What a great idea! I'll have to start leaving comments on the pins that I like too.

Samantha said...

Gee, thanks, Aaron... I got up from reading your post and immediately made a brownie in a mug. I'm blaming you for my muffin top, k? :) Dangerously easy to make. Gonna have to repost that one. SO yummy! Going to try the chicken soon, too! I've seen it repinned a gazillion times, but had never heard how it actually was. :)

Cassie said...

New to your blog. I love it! Just had to say that I loved 3 day potty training for my kids too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...