Monday, April 11, 2011

Painted Letters

Here's project #1 from my weekend.  I finally painted the letters above the cork board (which was only $11 at Wal-Mart) in our kitchen.  I got them from Hobby Lobby for $5 each.

This is what they looked like before.  Gold and crooked.  They've been hanging like that for about five months.  I always knew that I wanted to paint them, I just didn't know what color. (I also still had our Christmas cards hanging up!)

Thank goodness for Better Homes & Gardens.
I found this page in an old issue.  Those paint colors go perfectly with my new throw pillows.  I decided that I wanted to try and add a little more green to my new living room color scheme.  The color on the page is Sherwin Williams Antiquity.  It came out a little too light and I ended up having to get the color two shades darker on the swatch, Grandiose.  Paint was 40% off at Sherwin Williams this weekend so the sample I ended up getting was only $3.


I also used the paint on a set of "a" and "z" bookends that I got on clearance from Target.
I'm still not sure if I'm going to keep them in our living room.  They were originally black and now they look a little childish in green.  I may end up re-painting them and moving them to my son's room.

I wanted to post pictures of the new "art" in my gallery wall in my kitchen, but I was getting some bad reflections off the frames from the sunlight coming through our windows.  I'll get some pictures taken tonight and get 'em posted tomorrow.  Here's a little sneak peak!

Back to Sew Chatty

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...