Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Update!



Look at those cheeks!  It's been over a month since I posted and this little guy is up to 12 pounds!  Once he got the hang of eating and got over being born a month early, he started packing it on by eating every two hours...even at night.  I'm actually not feeling that tired, but it seems like there's very little time to do anything else but feed him. 

Even though I spend a ton of time on the couch with a baby in my lap,  I have managed to squeeze in a couple of projects.

This isn't decor related at all, but I'm extremely proud of the fact that Little Man has been officially potty trained since the beginning of July!


We did the three day hard-core potty training method and by the third day he had it.  We're kind of up to our elbows in newborn diapers and I can't imagine what it would be like to have to deal with toddler diapers too.  Woo hoo!

In nursery and playroom news:  I swapped the rooms.  I originally intended the stripes for the playroom, but once I got our storage unit in the room I just didn't like how it looked.  I couldn't bare to paint over those stripes that I spent so much time on, so I just moved the nursery furniture into striped room.


I'm liking the stripes on stripes look. 

The old nursery, current playroom is now a light gray.


As you can see, it's kind of a disaster and I'm at a stand still.  I just don't really have the time to get anything done.  The good news is that there's no hurry to get this room finished.  Hopefully I can get working on it when the baby gets on a regular nap schedule.  So, until then I think blog posts are going to be pretty irregular.  I have a little project lined up to be posted tomorrow, but after that it may be a while.

Hope everyone enjoys he rest of summer!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Which 3 day hard core potty training method? I'd love to know more details as I'm about to enter that world with my boy-girl twins! Thank you!
-Mal

Aaron said...

I meant to link to this post on potty training that served as my guide when I wrote this: http://www.growingajeweledrose.com/2012/05/how-i-potty-trained-my-daughter-in-3.html

Hope it helps you as much as it helped me!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much!
-Mal

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...